Academics: All labs are excellent for academics, Workshop, Research Labs, Computer Labs open from 10 am to 11 pm. No need for high budget laptops as these labs are sufficient to use. A new library started for research papers and new stuff; the old library is full of 1lac+ books, 17k+ journals.
This is the new one.
The last image is Ragam, one of the largest fests in South India organized by NITC
- Just a shortcut from girl’s hostel to lecture avenue. ;
2. Evening in Lecture Avenue Lawns.
3. Saraswati Puja Celebration in Sachin Tendulkar Stadium.
4. View outside my hostel, Kiran Mazumdar Hall of Residence.
5. Main building
on the occasion of multi-cultural fest, Cosmopolitan.
6. Golden Jubilee Building.
7. Early morning NSS Classes in winter. Temperature drops to 8°C.
8. Gajendra Verma performing in out tech fest, Innovision.
9. Dilip Tirkey Stadium.
10. Anubhav Bassi performing in our tech fest.
11. Area behind C V Raman Hall of Residence.
12. Chemistry lab for freshmen.
13. Student Activity Centre on the night of tech fest.
14. NSS rallies.
15. Security office and way to go out of academic area.
16. Bio medical and Bio Technology department.
17. Student Activity Centre.
18. Kiran Mazumdar Hall of Residence.
19. Cycle parking for SAC and Bhubaneswar Behera Auditorium.
20. Bhubaneswar Behera Auditorium.
21. Classroom in Lecture Avenue.
22. Lecture Avenue.
23. Computer Science Department, Mechanical Department, Central Workshop, Chemical Department, Golden Jubilee Building, Electrical Department and New Choice Cafe (left to right)
1)Gate no.1 of NIT Kurukshetra
2) Beautiful roads of NIT Kurukshetra
3)OPEN AIR THEATRE (OAT)
—Back side of OAT
-Pic from sports ground
6) Swimming pool of NIT Kurukshetra
7) Sports ground
8) MALL ROAD
This is a way to visit engineering departments
9) Beautiful hostels
—Hostel 10 and Hostel 11 are one of the finest hostels of NIT Kurukshetra… but when natural beauty mixed with these hostels then its a amazing scenery to see..
—H10 and H11 in one frame
—Hostel 11 wonderful pictures
Below picture is real picture .. sometimes it seems as editing picture.. but it is real natural beauty of NIT Kurukshetra..(one of my favourite pic)
—Entrance of Hostel 8
—View of Hostel 9
10) Natural Beauty of NIT Kurukshetra
Brahma Sarovar .. Nearest to NIT Kurukshetra
1. Admin and Science Block along with the Bay of Bengal.
2. Entrance Roundabout.
3. Barani Boys Hostel – Hostel from 2nd year B.Tech, 2nd year M.Tech and PhD.
That blue shed near Basketball court is a Badminton court. At the center of the hostel there’s a Volley Ball court.
4. Science block – Place where all classes and labs are present.
Bavani Girls Hostel – Hostel for all girls.
7. Basketball court.
08. Last but not least, The Entrance.
09. Moyar Hostel – For freshmen boys.
10. New Administrative building
11. Other buildings
Now lets move to India’s largest sport complex of any colleges.
And many more… ● My personal department : COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
● My neighbour and giant ECE building.
You will struggle to get it into your full frame.
And some other departments building you know…. ● Boring classroom things.
● Newly built Shopping complex
● International guest house. Visit my college atleast once. 🙂
● Girls hostel and 2nd year hostel. Almost similar design.
Placement & Higher studies: Simply depends on how much concerned you are about placement.
Here i have seen some people getting offers from Microsoft, Amazon in 3rd year only, whereas some are not even eligible to sit for placement and simply they know when and where they ignored things completely.
FAQ: Does branch matters in placement?
Ans: Yes, it does.
Being a cse student, if i talk about this year’s average package of cse then it was between 11.5 to 12 lakhs per annum and last year it was around 9 lakhs. Ece has decent placement as well.
In Core branches like mechanical, electrical, Instrumental, production and civil, placement is upto the mark and condition is same in others colleges too. From these branches some students are touching milestone in higher studies. (Below screenshots)
Also from core branches, many manage to get IT sector jobs. I will end this section by saying that your placement depends on you.
Well, the most shouted term of modern world, i.e How is coding culture here? I must tell you, this thing is growing here immensely in the recent few years, seniors guide very well, they share all materials and have maintained well managed structure for it, primarily focussing on competitive coding.
Facilities: Just one word- Magnificent. You get the india’s biggest sport complex among all colleges, you get supercomputer, ISRO incubation Center which is first ever in entire country, a peaceful and well located Digital libaray, a park inside campus, well equipped virtual classrooms, Gym, Hospital, banks, International guest house, shopping complex etc. I think i don’t need to say more.
● The lake
● Sarkari Aspatal (NITA Hospital) cum rose garden :).
● The fest centre
● A park for you if you luckily get into relationship. 🙂
● Fly clicks of campus
I witnessed the below moment one morning in last winter. Soothing to eyes.
Fooding: If we talk about food, i will say “It’s like a relationship, initially everything seem to be fun but later you feel bored, so it doesn’t mean that problem is in relationship, problem is with individual”:) , Condition is same for all colleges, no one likes their college mess food. With college mess and canteen, there are food stalls where you can easily get varieties of fast foods. One interesting thing is in NITA that there is a restaurant named “South restaurant” where they mostly offer South dishes. I think you will hardly find such things in other NITs.
College life & activities: Imagine some people around you speaking Bengali, some Telugu, some Tamil, some English and some speaking hindi. Yes, you will get vibrant life and i tell you that local people are so nice here, forget about any clashes with them. You will be awestruck by seeing zero ragging and helpful nature of seniors.
Campus is spread over 360 acres area so whatever you will need, you will get in campus itself and for rest you visit Agartala city which is 20 km far from our NIT by taking auto or institute bus.
Connectivities: well, since it is a northeast NIT, so it do create some problems in travelling to home, and sometimes you will have to pay the ample amount for flight charges. Rest, i disagree with the so called statement that “placement get hampered because of its remote location”. See, now is the completely online world, companies will take you anyhow if you are worthy one for them.
- Main Building
2. LHC-C and Arbian sea at the back
3. Gym, Mega Towers and other boys hostels
4. Central Library
5. Swimming pool, Basketball and Volleyball court
6. New sports complex
7. Shops, saloon, student co-operative etc.
8. Computer science department
9. Mechanical Engineering Department
11. The most important thing if you are in NITKNITK Beach and The NITK light house
Whole campus Ariel view
Tadepalligudem is a very small town but there are few theatres and restaurants to chill out in the weekend. Still the campus is not full fledged as the construction works are going on but by the end of this year you can see a full fledged campus.
Academic Complex :
This is Academic complex-1 where classes are held.This was newly constructed building and classes started here from December,2019.
These are different views of our academic block.
Library under construction
Ground for Outdoor games
These are Workshops. Civil and Mechanical.
Central Public Works Department ( CPWD) building :
Boys Hostel :
These are the pics of boys hostel. There are 7 blocks .Each block was named by the River Godavari and its tributaries.Here are some pics of the hostel blocks.
Inside Boys Hostel :
We are the first batch to enter into permanent campus.
They will provide cot . But this pic is taken when they are arranging cots.
For first year, we have 4–5 for a room where as for second year, 2 for a room and for 3rd , 4th years ,one for a room.
This is our mess. This consists of four halls.
This is night view of our hostel.
Girls Hostel :
This is Girl’s hostel ,which consists of 5 blocks. These are named by the Krishnaveni and some lakes names . Here i’m adding some pics.
This is Guest house of our NIT.
Interior of our beautiful Guest House :
Presidential Suit –
Lift and Lounge-
Dining Hall –
Night view of Guest House.
The work related to ground is going on as of March, 2020 . Here are some pictures related to them.
Basketball Court :
About 5 Cabinet Ministers of Andhrapradesh Government, 8 MLAs of surroundings Constituencies of Tadepalligudem town , Local MP and District Magistrate came to open this and to lay the foundation stone for Laboratory Complex -2 .
And some random pics :
NIT Andhrapradesh is only the NIT which has straight main road in campus, which is a runway used in World War – II . This road is about 2.5 KM.
The total campus construction is divided into three phases. As of now, the first is almost completed. The work for second and third phases will start soon. All the above developments are part of First Phase.
Our college is still a developing one. There are many beautiful scenarios in our college from which I posted here some.You will definitely enjoy in this atmosphere.
So basically UGEE is one of the modes of getting admission at IIIT-H. It has a good number of seats to offer to students interested for 5 year programmes namely :- CSD,CLD,CND,CHD,ECD . UGEE paper consists of two papers held on the same day and that too back to back without any kind of break in between.
1. The two papers are called SUPR and REAP (both were multiple choice this year with only a single correct response) SUPR checks your basic knowledge in the subjects you study in your 11th and 12th grade namely pcm while the REAP is designed to check your underlying potential for research so it has better quality questions and also checks your logical and linguistic capabilities with questions of grammar and reasoning ( though these were few in number especially in 2019 exam ) Discussion of 2019 ‘s REAP :- this year’s paper was somewhat more challenging as it involved concepts that normally a typical student doesn’t know . Though due to ample time duration one can think of the correct way of dealing with the new problems but still certain questions were so unique that they would really set you apart from the rest of the crowd giving the exam ( like the phase diagram question and the computing pi problem :- for these one can watch 3b1b amazing content on YouTube )
Discussion of 2019’s SUPR:- the paper was not at all challenging it was a test of speed and accuracy. Highly scoring and full of typical questions which were designed just to warm up your brain and not challenge it in any way. The problems in this paper were typical Jee pattern and easy to solve ( there were no complex formulae and no complex computation involved so even the student not so good with calculations can score very high).
Things to do for interview preparation :- all you have to do is nothing at all ! Just be calm listen to the questions asked and answer them with a cool temprament. The panel is extremely generous and would encourage you to arrive at the right answer by giving you hints. They might ask genric questions like why you applied for UGEE? What was your JEE mains rank ? Did your JEE ADVANCED go well ? Why do you want to opt for 5 year programme even if you would get a 4 yr programme in the same college / different college? What motivated you to study and pursue research? etc. See what a cakewalk it would be after this they will discuss some topics that you are interested in and ask some questions for this one must have conceptual clarity and a firm belief and confidence in oneself as the professor may try to mislead you. Merits of this mode : it offers you a chance to get in the elite college even after screwing Jee mains and also enriches you and gives an experience of the interview method which benefits you Demerits of this mode : mostly conducted before Jee advanced so if the paper is tough you get disheartened . This mode is a new one so not many students know about it so you are not facing a challenging crowd. This process has many but still limited number of seats. UGEE exam marks don’t get you a seat you will be offered a seat only if you clear the interview round and all your marks are rendered useless.
There are certain facts and figures to be analyzed before making a choice:
- Top IIITs = IIITH, IIITA, IIITD, IIITB. Among these only IIITA is fully funded by Government of India and functions like IITs & NITs under MHRD. And hence the fees burden is less and you will feel pride in studying in India’s Best IIIT which is also recognized as an Institute of National Importance and a Center of Excellence in IT.
- Better crowd : Like NITs, IIITs ( except IIITD ) don’t have quota for HS and hence all seats filled like IITs in AI quota.
- Better infrastructure : Believe me, after securing a good rank you won’t like to study in college where the basic amenities are not in a proper shape .
- Placement : If you going in these 4 colleges then you don’t have to bother about this.
- Inclination : If you want to have a good exposure to IT subjects and areas, then IIIT is THE place for you. Been it IT, CSE or ECE, rest assured you are at the weight place.