When you land up for the first time in hostel, you are totally surrounded by fears.
- Locking things and keeping them at correct places so that they don’t get lost.
- Keeping a track of your clothes and having the fear you may lose them.
- You have to give clothes to the washerman, then hang them, check if they have dried, then pile them up in your almirah, AND all of this happens amongst your classes.
- As most of the IIT Campus’ are build amongst lush greenery, we often end up inviting mosquitoes and lizards to our room. It happened to my roommate twice in the first week that a lizard happened to enter his almirah.
- There are very few bathrooms and we fear to wait in a line in the morning for bath (The waiting line decreases gradually to zero, though)
- I luckily got a single room, but many of my friends are always in the fear that they may get their room locked when they reach, and this happens quite frequent too.
- Cleaning the room once and now is a burden in itself.
- Once a football came flying from the ground in front and hit my door real hard, man I was sleeping then and I just got shocked for real.
- You are never certain about the weather and it has happened that clothes get wet when it happens when we are back in LHC.
- Waking up by yourself in the morning is the biggest fear. We usually end up sending tons of messages to friends to wake us up in the mornin’.
- Sometimes dogs just end up in corridors!
- When you want to study for legit but can’t resist your friends crashing at your door. This happens the most. When we are up for a pending assignment or something, peeps just come crashing at door.