NDA, National Defence Academy, is the first aim of every young Armed Forces aspirant. Several Armed Forces aspirants steps toward NDA exam to join the academy and become a part of any of the three services of the Indian Armed Forces.
The academy is different from other defence academies of the nation. The academy is known for providing some of the best officers in the Indian Armed Forces and still continuing the legacy by grooming and training the officers with new war techniques and enhanced leadership and fighting skills. Some facts that make it different and elite are as follows.
12 Amazing Facts about NDA That Every NDA Aspirant Must Know
- NDA is the first military academy that trains officers for the Army, Navy and Air Force.
- The main building of the NDA is called Sudan Block. It was constructed from the donation provided by Sudan in recognition of the sacrifice. The Indian soldiers, who fought for Sudan in World War II are remembered in this occasion.
- The academy is situated in Khadagwasla because it has lakes, hilly areas and operational airbase for the training the young cadets.
- The first batch of 190 cadets started their training at NDA on 11 January 1949.
- The aim of establishing NDA was to check whether the candidates from diverse areas come and join the forces.
- A common dress code “Khaki” has been made compulsory at NDA to keep the sense of equality among the cadets.
- The NDA has given more than 27 Chiefs to the Armed Forces and several famous personalities like Major Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, Wing Commander Rakesh Sharma, the first Indian, who went into space.
- The cadets are given the degrees in Bachelor of Arts or Science after completion of their training.
- The NDA has 18 squadrons, which are divided into 5 battalions.
- “The hut of remembrance” is the hut constructed by the cadets to remember the sacrifice of the soldiers.
- The motto of NDA was changed from “Service before Self” to “Seva Parmo Dharma” in 1951. The current symbol of NDA was adopted in 1948 replacing the old symbol having quill pen, sword, eagle and an anchor.
- In NDA, cadets from more than 28 other nations are trained with Indian cadets.
Note:- NDA is the academy that is seen as the first gate to enter the defence forces by many Armed Forces aspirants. All 10+2 appearing and passed candidates, with spark in their soul to serve the nation, step ahead for the NDA examination. The above facts make the academy different and first choice of all young Armed Forces aspirants. The academy is a milestone in itself and acts as the backbone of the Armed Forces. NDA passes 2 batches every year, giving them chance to serve the nation and continues to give best officers to the Armed Forces.
13 Photos Showing The Life Of NDA Cadets At National Defence Academy
In 2013, I traveled to NDA to realise the portraits of cadets from one of the most important military academies in the post-colonial world.” Below you find the amazing pictures of NDA cadets getting trained at National Defence Academy, Khadagwasla.
NDA Cadets At National Defence Academy