Air Force Station Hindan (Hindan AFS) under the western air command (WAC). It is the biggest and largest air base in Asia and 8th in the world. Its area measured 14 km rounded and 55 square kilometres (21 sq mi). Starting 2006, the annual Air Force Day Parade venue was shifted from Palam airport to Hindan.
- No. 77 squadron – C -130J SUPER HERCULES.
- No. 81 Squadron C-17 globemaster III
- No. 129 helicopter unit (Mil Mi -17IV)
- Originally the base was home to a squadron each of MiG-23s and MiG-27s, both single-engine fighters. After the 1965 war, No. 7 Squadron IAF moved to Hindan along with Hawker Hunters, and stayed here till 1969, when it moved to Bagdogra in West Bengal, subsequently during the East Pakistan Operations 1971 it flew in on 6 December 1971
- In 2006, Indian Air Force shifted its 74th Anniversary celebration venue from Palam airport in Delhi, to Hindan to avoid airspace closure for commercial traffic, where the Air Force Day Parade cum investiture ceremony was held on 8 October, and an air display by 66 aircraft.This also gave the IAF aircraft more air space during the air show, till then was uses primarily as a helicopter base. After that it has become an annual event at the station
- The Garud Commando Force of the Indian Air Force are trained at this base.