Father : Satya Nadella often credits his father BN Yugandhar-an Indian civil servant- for introducing him to computers. When he was barely eight years old ;his father brought him a computer.
It is noteworthy that he did not study electrical engineering at prestigious Indian Institute of Technology or any known regional engineering college as could not clear Joint Entrance exam .
He studied electrical engineering at Manipal University (1984–1988).
He later got admission in Masters program in Computer Science (MS-1990) at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
Wisconsin : Satya Nadella further got attracted to computer science while studying in University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
- He followed it with a management degree from Booth School of Management, Chicago (1997).
- Sun : He initially worked with Sun Micro systems as part of its technology( research and development ) team.
- Microsoft : He joined Microsoft-then a new tech up – in 1992 .
- Leader : His leadership qualities and computer skills were soon recognized .
- He successfully led a number of research and development teams on cloud computing; data base ;business solutions etc.
- In 2001; he was appointed corporate vice president of Microsoft business solutions.
- CEO : In 2014, he was declared Chief executive officer for his stellar leadership qualities; people skills and down to earth persona.
- Chairman : His success record as a CEO was globally recognized. No wonder, Microsoft board has appointed him as its Chairman.
- Conclusion : “Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.” : Thomas Edison (Scientist)