The longest running Superfast train in Indian Railways is Aronai Superfast Express.
About Aronai Superfast Express
- Aronai Superfast Express is a superfast express train that runs between two indian cities Thiruvananthapuram Central, Kerela and Silchar, Assam.
- The train operates as train number 12507 from Thiruvananthapuram Central to Silchar and as train number 12508 in reverse direction serving 8 indian states i.e. Assam, West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Kerela.
- The train travels 3,925 kilometers between Thiruvananthapuram Central and Silchar.
- The train is being operated by Northeast Frontier Railway zone of Indian Railways.
- 12507 Aronai SF Express departs Thiruvananthapuram Central on Tuesday at 04:55 pm and arrives Silchar on Friday at 07:00 pm on the fourth day of commencing of journey. The total travel time is 74 hours 05 minutes.
- 12508 Aronai SF Express departs Silchar on Thursday at 08:05 pm and arrives Thiruvananthapuram Central on Sunday at 10:40 pm on the fourth day of commencing of journey. The total travel time is 74 hours 35 minutes.
- The train runs with ICF coaches in which there are 4 AC III tier coach, 1 AC II tier coach, 11 sleeper coach, 1 pantry car, 2 unreserved coach and 2 SLR coach. The total coaches in this train is 23 coaches.
- The train currently holds the unique record of being the longest distance running superfast train in Indian Railways.
- Initially, the train ran between Guwahati and Thiruvananthapuram Central. On November 21, 2017, the train was extended to Silchar.
- The train has rake sharing with 12515/12516 Thiruvananthapuram Central – Silchar SF Express.
Note 1 :- As stated above, the 12507/12508 Aronai SF Express has rake sharing with 12515/12516 Thiruvananthapuram Central – Silchar SF Express. Both the train runs via same route and zones of Indian Railways. The main difference between both the train is travel time.
- The approximate travel time of Aronai SF Express is 74 hours whereas the approximate travel time of 12515/12516 SF Express is 76 hours.
- So, Aronai SF Express is the longest running superfast train in Indian Railways.
Note 2 :- Before November 21, 2017, the longest running superfast train in India was 22501/22502 New Tinsukia – Bengaluru Weekly SF Express because the train 12507/12508 Aronai SF Express was running between Thiruvananthapuram Central and Guwahati and due to this the total distance travel of New Tinsukia – Bengaluru Weekly SF Express was more than Aronai SF Express.
- The train New Tinsukia – Bengaluru Weekly SF Express runs 3,563 kilometers between New Tinsukia and Bengaluru whereas the train Aronai SF Express runs 3,546 kilometers between Thiruvananthapuram Central and Guwahati.
- So, New Tinsukia – Bengaluru Weekly SF Express was the longest running superfast train in Indian Railways before November 21, 2017.