Bhawans! That is how IITR define there dwelling places on the sprawling IIT campus. These bhawans are legacy and they remind of us the glory this institute has had and of the renaissance it has witnessed.
Homes away from home are as modern as they can be. More importantly, though have spawned the cultures that make the campus an unforgettable experience. It’s here that midnight cricket tournaments, early morning sessions, community computer warfare and so many other things find expression.
Each hostel has a state of art Cyber Cafe, managed by students. All hostels are now fully Wifi connected, meaning that the Internet permeates the space we live in. And who could imagine life without midnight snacks at the Bhawan Canteens, especially after an intense or gaming session? And all this, in peaceful, clean, aesthetic environs, the likes of which very few places in the world can boast.
and three Girls’ Hostels
- Sarojini Bhawan
- Kasturba bhawan
- Indira Bhawan
6 Married hostels
- Azad Wingh
- A.N.Khosla House
1 Co-ed Hostel
- Vigyan kunj
Freshers live in Rajendra Bhawan . This is old building and look like as government buildings. But inside facilities are good. Some facilities are given below.
- A bed , a reading table , one chair ,one tea table and one almirah.
- Hostel give a fan and allowed to use your own cooler or heater without any electricity charge.
- A lan connection and WiFi with given below speed.
- Some students have single room and some have double seated room .
- All hostels have their own mess. Mess gives breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Good bathrooms with geyser. Water cooler for drinking water.
- No restriction for going outside hostel 24*7.
- A common room with TV.
- Canteen with 24*7.
- Sports and gym also available.
- Cyber cafe , barber shop and stationary shop available in each hostel.