- Metallurgical Engineering mainly deals with the extraction of metals from their respective ores.
- Metallurgical engineers work mostly at the plants or industries.
- Core Areas: Basic Hydrometallurgy, Basic Physical Metallurgy, Basic Pyrometallurgy, Corrosion, Electrometallurgy, Flotation, Minerals processing, Refractory materials, Welding metallurgy
- Job areas: Metallurgists are employed in foundries, heat treatment shops, rolling mills, etc. industries. They are also employed in research laboratories, industries and plants extracting and processing metals like iron and steel, nickel, tin, copper, zinc, aluminium etc.
- Top Recruiters: SAIL, Visakhapatnam Steel Plant, Jindal Steel Works, TISCO, POSCO, USHA Martin group, Essar Steels, NMDC and Foundry industries like: Ennore foundries (Ashok Leyland), Kulti Foundries, Asansol, West Bengal and Ferro alloy plants (FACOR, Garividi, Vizianagaram) and Sponge Iron ltd (SIIL), Palvancha, Khammam
- Mining engineering deals with the science, technology, and application of extracting and processing minerals from a naturally occurring environment.
- Core Areas: Mine Planning, Mine Environment, Surface Management, Safety Management, Industrial Engineering, Mining Machinery, Mining Geology, Mine Legislation and safety, Mine surveying, Mine Excavation Engineering, Mine Surface Environmental Engineering
- Job areas: Mining engineers are employed by govt. and private industries as Mining Engineer, Mine Planner, Mining safety engineers, Coal Preparation Plant Manager, Mine Safety and Health Specialist, Process Plant Maintenance Foreman, Extraction Maintenance Superintendent etc.
- Top recruiters: Singareni Collieries company Limited, TATA Hutti gold mines, Hindustan Copper Mines, Hindustan Zinc limited, Visakapatnam steel plant, Vedanta resources, Gulf Oil Corporation and All top most cement companies (KCP, Zuari, India cement, My home cement etc.,)
You must log in to post a comment.